Terms & Conditions
Please peruse the terms and conditions for details
HOW THE READER'S DIGEST SUPER BONANZA SWEEPSTAKES 2019 WORKS:
- The promoters of this Sweepstakes is Living Media India Ltd (LMIL), having its Registered Address at K-9, Connaught Circus, New Delhi 110001, the licensed publisher in India of Reader’s Digest magazine. LMIL shall herein after be referred to as “the Promoter”;
- The Sweepstakes is presented in conjunction with various product offers of the Promoter and opens on January 01, 2019 and closes on December 31, 2019;
- Entry is by invitation only, and is open to residents of India of legal age;
- Employees of the Promoter, subsidiaries and associate companies and agencies, and their immediate families up to the second degree of consanguinity, are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes;
- You hereby represent and warrant that any entry submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes is true, accurate, current, complete and not misleading, fraudulent or deceptive.
- Eligibility for entry to the prize draws offered is dependent upon replying in accordance with the conditions and instructions in the accompanying promotional material/application form;
- It shall be your obligation to peruse the Terms and conditions before participation in Sweepstakes, if you do not agree with any provision of this Terms and Condition, you should not participate in this Sweepstakes;
- You hereby agree and understand that you have read and completely understood these terms and conditions, and your participation in Sweepstakes shall be considered as your irrevocable acceptance of the rules of Sweepstakes. Mere filling up of entry form/ letter and sending the same to Sweepstakes committee shall be construed as valid participation, irrespective of its acceptance by the Sweepstakes committee;
- Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these official terms and conditions (as modified from time to time in this regard) and the decisions of the Promoter, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is being contingent and compliant with these official rules and requirements set forth herein.
- This terms and conditions shall be subject to change without prior notification; it shall be your responsibility to periodically check the url www.readersdigest.co.in, for perusing the latest Terms and Conditions.
- Acceptance of valid entry-form submitted towards Sweepstakes, by itself, does not ensure any prize/(s) in the Sweepstakes competition and each valid entry shall provide the respective participant a chance to win the prizes subject to the results of prize draw;
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. You can participate Whether or not you decide to subscribe, and you have an equal chance of winning – provided you return all necessary sweepstakes documents to the Promoter in the address provided in this terms.
- Multiple entries are permitted provided each entry is on an original entry form, and purchase is not necessary for multiple entry;
- No facsimiles or copies are permitted.
- When website, telephone or SMS entry is offered, entries have to be submitted by following the instructions in the promotional material to secure the respective chance into the Sweepstakes; No mechanically reproduced mail-in entries are allowed and any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods.
- The Promoters are not responsible for (i) late, lost, illegible, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, improperly submitted, undeliverable or otherwise irregular Sweepstakes entries; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; or (iii) telecom service, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties.
- Promoter reserves the right to request proof of a Participant's eligibility in the event that there is a doubt over his/her eligibility for the Promotion.
- The Promoter will accept no responsibility for entries which are incomplete or incorrect, not in accordance with the instructions in the promotional material, become lost or damaged, or delayed in transit. All eligible entries will qualify as finalists and have a fair and equal chance to win;
- The Promoter reserves the right to vary the prize on offer, though the same will be the same in value as the prize offered;
- The increase in the value of the price shall apply to mailing received in the respective category , irrespective of the date on which the mail was received;
- The decision to change the prize for a mailing will be totally at the discretion of the Promoter and will be indicated in the promotional material for the affected mailing;
- Should the winning entry come from a category of mail for which a different prize of equivalent value has been offered, the winner will receive such different prize indicated in that mailing, provided winner has opted for the said category through application and for all other mails which does not fall within the said category a winning entry will receive the stated prize value without the increase;
- The Grand Prize Draw and the The Thank You Prize Draw will close at midnight on December 31, 2019 and the draw will be held on February 21, 2020;
- Winners will be determined from eligible entries through a computer generated random drawing held in the presence of an independent auditor. Winners chosen will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entertained;
- Winners will be notified by Registered Mail. A full list of winners will be available upon written request after March 15, 2020;
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. The Promoter shall also have a right to photograph winner. Entry constitutes permission to winner’s name, picture, likeness, and city and state of residence for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion for no additional compensation except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants, winner(s) agree to release and hold harmless Promoter, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotions agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- Please send the request together with a self-addressed postage paid envelope to Living Media India Ltd (LMIL), K-9, Connaught Circus, New Delhi 110001, or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, www.readersdigest.co.in
- The Special Bonus Prizes, The Monthly Bonanza Prizes & The Thank You Prize are not redeemable for cash. All taxes that may be payable on prizes needs to be paid by the winner and the valid tax challan with id proof submitted to claim the prize;
- The car selected in the Thank You prize is subject to change due to non-availability of the model at the time of prize distribution, the organizers will arrange an alternate car of similar value and category.
- All prizes, which remains unclaimed by the winner and due to non-submission of valid tax challan and valid id proof for more than two months after the announcement shall be forfeited;
- You hereby expressly agree that your participation shall be at your sole risk and expense.
- You hereby agree that by participation, M/s Living Media India Ltd and /or any of its licensed publication, does not assure you any prize in Sweepstakes or other benefits;
- You hereby agree and understand that you have read and completely understood the mailers/ entry forms sent for sweepstakes and you have formed your decision to participate based on the said understanding;
- All disputes are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts or Tribunals in New Delhi only;
- You here by agree and acknowledge that by participation the Promoters reserve the right to publish the photograph and/or names of all or any prize winner in promotional materials and advertisements, as they deem fit;
The territory of this Sweepstake shall be within the territory of India except the state of Tamil Nadu, this prize draw contest is not open for participants from the state of Tamil Nadu in view of the provisions of the, Tamil Nadu Prize Scheme (Prohibition) Act, 1979, and in all such states where it is specifically prohibited by law.
You hereby expressly agree and acknowledge that any action, suit, complaint or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Sweepstakes or these Sweepstakes Terms and Conditions or the Sweepstakes Official Rules must be brought the state of Delhi, on exclusion of any specific forum in any other state.
Promoter assumes no responsibility for any administrative or typographical errors in the course of operating the Sweepstakes or in the Sweepstakes Official Rules or these Sweepstakes Terms and Conditions.
Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Sweepstakes are compromised, without any liability whatsoever towards the entrant. However, a communication informing the cancellation/suspension shall be communicated by way of a public notice printed with equal prominence as the declaration of these sweepstakes being held.
Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Participant/entrant or winner, as determined by Promoter, in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any third party to circumvent, tamper, disrupt or damage the sweepstakes entry process, Promoter’s website or telephone systems, defraud or gain an unfair advantage, engage in disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening conduct, or otherwise undermine the fairness, integrity and legitimate operation of the sweepstakes, will result in automatic disqualification from the sweepstakes and may constitute a violation of criminal and civil laws. Promoter reserves all rights, including the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorneys’ fees), to the fullest extent of the law, including the possibility of criminal prosecution.
The Sweepstakes is subject to these Sweepstakes Terms and Conditions and all applicable Central and State Laws and regulations.
As stated above, the Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in these Sweepstakes, you acknowledge that you have read these Sweepstakes Terms and Conditions and Rules and agree to abide by them and by the decisions of Promoter, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes.
In no event will the Promoter be liable to you for any direct, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (including loss of use, data, business or profits) arising out of or in connection with your participation in the sweepstakes, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not Promoter have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
You hereby agree to release, discharge, indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Promoter, its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, its business partners and promotion and advertising agencies, and directors, officers, employees and agents of any and all of the aforesaid, and any other organizations related to the Sweepstakes, from and against any claim, damages or liability due to any injuries, losses or damages to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from receipt, enjoyment, ownership, possession, use, misuse or inability to use any prize, or participation in the Sweepstakes or a related activity, whether under contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or any other applicable sources of law, including, without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond Promoter’s reasonable control that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes.
You hereby agree and understand that If the Promoter is prevented, hindered or delayed in or from conducting the Sweepstakes by a Force Majeure Event, the Promoter shall not be in breach of its obligations or liable for any such failure to conduct Sweepstakes.
If the Force Majeure Event, prevents, hinders or delays the Sweepstakes the Promoter shall have the right, but not obligation, to cancel the Sweepstakes without prior notice.
For the purposes of this Terms and Conditions, "Force Majeure" shall mean any event or circumstance or a combination of events and circumstances, whether occurred or likely to occur, which satisfies all or any of the following conditions:
(a) Materially and adversely affecting the conduct of the Sweepstakes;
(b) And are beyond the control of the Proprietor;
(c)And includes (without limitation), subject to satisfaction of the above conditions, the following events and/or circumstances:
i. War (whether declared or undeclared), invasion, armed conflict or act of foreign enemy;
ii. Revolution, riot, insurrection or other civil commotion, act of terrorism or sabotage;
v. Change in governmental policy, laws (including, any statute, ordinance, rule, regulation, judgment, notification, order, decree, permission, license or approval),
vi. Acts of God or events beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which could not reasonably have been expected,
viii. Any judgment or order of any Court of competent jurisdiction or Government of India or the State Government or any Local Body or Statutory Authority, made with respect to the conduct of Sweepstakes;
ix. Any other reason which can be construed to be beyond the control of the normal human being;
We value you as a customer and trust that you enjoy our products. Should you not wish to receive any further offers from us, please indicate so in writing along with your customer A/C No. to the address given below. In order to serve you better, it may be necessary for us to share your name, address or other customer information with M/s Living Media India Ltd for its licensed publication Reader’s Digest. Occasionally we may make your name available to other reputable companies whose products or services we believe you may find attractive. If you do not wish to receive such offers please contact us at: Hotline - 0120-2469900, E-mail - email@example.com, Address - K-9, Connaught Circus, New Delhi and communication address, Reader’s Digest, India Today Mediaplex, FC-8, Sector 16 A, Film City, NOIDA 201301, UP..
By collecting customer information, our primary goal is to administer, monitor, and improve the customer service, and to provide and improve the Services and verify that users of the Services meet the criteria required to process their requests. We do this so as to improve customer experiences of Promoter’s products, and users of our Services.
You hereby agree and understand that by participating you will have to provide Personally Identifiable Information, which is necessary for processing your sweepstakes application and to add value to you the services provided to you as a customer. Please do not participate if you don’t wish to provide your Personally Identifiable Information.
We ask for and/or Receive Personally Identifiable Information. At times, we ask you for personally identifiable information – information about you that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Information")- which includes, but is not limited to, your name, photo, phone number, email address, website URL, instant message contact information, and postal address. We ask for Personal Information in a number of situations, including when you register a product, register for a Service, and sign up for a Promotion, opt in to receive email notifications or contact us via the Services, or other situations. You do not have to provide your Personally Identifiable Information, but then certain offerings or Services may not be available to you, or you may not be able to participate. We use your Personal Information mainly to provide the Services, complete your transactions, and verify your identity to administer or respond to your inquiries and prevent fraud.
Receipt of this filled-up form authorizes RD/LMIL to communicate about its products & promotions through mail/phone/printed material/email etc This authorization is irrespective of any instruction elsewhere of not being contacted of informed over mail/phone/printed material/email etc So if you don’t want to receive a call from Reader’s Digest please send the certificate in a separate envelope to Reader’s Digest, C-9, Sector 10, Noida 201301. You can participate Whether or not you decide to subscribe, and you have an equal chance of winning – provided you return all 3 certificates to us now. So, if you don’t want to receive a call from Reader’s Digest, please send the certificate in a separate envelope to Reader’s Digest C-9, Sector 10, Noida-201301